Thai cave rescue suspended for the day after four more boys freed


Thai Cuties captures the essence of erotic Asia as the dawn rises over the landscape of Thailand. Enjoy free galleries from - Page 1/3.

He said Monday that the boys were wearing several wetsuits to "minimize heat loss," which is a concern due to their "very skinny" bodies and the cold water. Four more boys are rescued and taken to hospital. Rescuers needed to hold the boys' oxygen tanks in front of them and swim pencil-like through submerged holes. Hospital staff and a police officer are seen during a news conference that was held on July Osotthanakorn's statement could indicate the rescuers opted to send the weaker ones out first, a reversal of the previously announced strategy.

Thailand cave rescue

 · The second day of rescue operations at the cave site in northern Thailand ended after four more boys were brought out of the flooded cave system on Monday.

Stars Screen Binge Culture Media. Tech Innovate Gadget Mission: Chat with us in Facebook Messenger. Find out what's happening in the world as it unfolds. See moment Thai boys get released from hospital. Video shows Thai boys' rescue from cave.

CNN reporter goes inside Thai cave. Elon Musk sued over 'pedo' tweet. See first video of Thai boys' rescue from cave. Father of rescued boy: I want to hug him. CNN reporter speechless by rescue news. New video from dramatic cave rescue. Aunt of trapped coach speaks about his life. How the Thai cave saga unfolded. A virtual look inside the cave rescue.

Musk tests small rescue pod. Need more oxygen to finish rescue. Eight boys have now been freed, while four remain inside the flooded Tham Luang Nang Non cave complex with their coach. On Monday, they endured their 17th night trapped on a ledge 4 kilometers 2. Their rescued teammates are being treated in quarantine at Chiang Rai Prachanukroh Hospital.

Former Chiang Rai governor and rescue mission commander Narongsak Osotthanakorn said doctors were monitoring the rescued boys for any illnesses they may have picked up in the cave and supervising efforts to build up their strength after they spent more than two weeks with little food and no natural light.

Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha visited the hospital Monday evening after speaking with the families, who are all still gathered near the cave entrance.

Osotthanakorn said those rescued Monday were in better condition than those freed the previous day, adding that all the boys rescued are well. Osotthanakorn's statement could indicate the rescuers opted to send the weaker ones out first, a reversal of the previously announced strategy. Parents of trapped Thai boys haven't been told if their children were rescued. The rescue workers are using compressed air tanks and oxygen tanks. They are now resting and need at least 20 hours to prepare for the third operation, Osotthanakorn said, but timings could change depending on weather and water levels.

Monday's rescue was carried out four to five hours ahead of schedule due to favorable conditions, he said. How a lack of oxygen is affecting the Thai soccer team. Officials said late Sunday that the operation had been paused to allow oxygen tanks depleted during the first phase to be refilled.

It is unclear whether that was also a determining factor in suspending operations Monday. A stretcher carrying what is believed to be the fifth boy rescued from the cave is taken to an ambulance parked near the Tham Luang Nang Non cave.

The 12 boys, aged between 11 and 16 and all members of the youth soccer team known as the Wild Boars, entered the caves with their coach on June 23 and became trapped inside after heavy rains flooded the entrance.

As they are rescued, focus shifts to health of boys on Thai soccer team. They were found by two British divers last Monday, sparking a week of fevered activity around the cave system as teams of local and international experts devised a series of rescue plans.

Shortly after the eighth boy arrived at the hospital on Monday, the Thai Navy SEALs, who are leading the rescue operation, posted a celebratory message on their Facebook page, listing the "boars" that had been freed and ending with the morale-boosting "hooyah.

Elon Musk suggests 'kid-size' submarine. The post echoed the buoyant mood among the volunteers at the support center near the cave system Monday, with people sensing that the rescue mission was nearing the finish line. Jokes were shared and smiles covered the faces of many of those who have made the site their home over the last two weeks.

Onlookers cheer as a helicopter flies toward an airstrip near the cave to transport the fifth boy rescued to hospital. That marked a huge shift since Friday, when a diver died while navigating the dangerous, water-filled passageways inside the caves, raising fears that the rescue could still end in tragedy for the trapped boys and their coach. But the successful rescue of eight of the boys has brought hope to this community. On Monday night, members of the unders Wild Boars soccer team met and played football for the first time since their younger teammates disappeared.

Consumed by worry for the boys and their coach, the club had previously suspended all matches and training sessions, the coaches said. Nineteen divers entered the cave at 10 a. Monday ET , many on their third mission in three days, with the aim of bringing everyone inside the cave out. Tuesday's rescue took nine hours in total, from the time the divers entered the cave to bringing out the boys and their coach. Thai soccer team rescued from cave. The rescued team attends a news conference in Chiang Rai, Thailand, after being discharged from the hospital on Wednesday, July Members of the soccer team greet well-wishers as they arrive for the news conference on July The team poses with a sketched portrait of Saman Kunan, a former Thai Navy SEAL who died on July 6 while returning from an operation to deliver oxygen tanks to the cave.

He ran out of air while underwater, an official said. One of them was a doctor who stayed with the team for a week after the group was found alive on July 2. Rescuers carry one of the boys out of the cave. Divers wave through floodwaters in the cave. Each rescue took multiple hours. Chiang Rai Governor Narongsak Osotthanakorn speaks during a news conference held after the rescue was finished on July A helicopter transports rescued boys to the hospital on July People watch and cheer as a helicopter flies toward an airstrip to transport one of the rescued boys to a hospital.

Four boys were rescued on July 8, another four were rescued on July 9, and the rest were rescued on July Rescue workers leave after all members of the team had been saved.

This photo tweeted by tech entrepreneur Elon Musk shows rescue efforts during the three-day mission. Musk tweeted early July 10 that he had visited the cave and left a mini-submarine there for future use.

Members of the Royal Thai Navy are pictured with the team inside the cave. The boys received medical attention after being found alive on July 2. An ambulance believed to be carrying one of the rescued boys heads to the hospital on July Rescuers walk toward the entrance of the cave as rescue operations resumed on July Hospital staff and a police officer are seen during a news conference that was held on July The eight boys that had been rescued on July 8 and 9 were being treated in an isolation ward in a Chiang Rai hospital.

Thai police and military officers use umbrellas to shield a rescued boy before he was transported to a hospital on July 9. An ambulance exits the cave area on July 9. Emergency responders surround a helicopter on July 8. Rescue teams arrange a water-pumping system at the cave's entrance on July 7. Ambulances wait outside a hospital where the rescued boys were treated. Thai military personnel walk into a cave during rescue operations.

Military personnel work inside a cave. An ambulance leaves the scene of the rescue effort on July 8. The caption said, "We Thai and the international teams join forces to bring the young Wild Boars home.

Family members pray in front of a Buddhist statue near the cave on July 8. Emergency workers carry oxygen tanks as rescue operations begin. Thai soldiers work to connect pipes that help water from entering a cave. Thai forest rangers examine a map as they review their rescue options on July 8. This image, taken from video on July 2, shows the team trapped inside the cave.

That was the day divers found them alive. Divers were able to bring food, blankets and other supplies to the boys while experts determined the best way to get them out safely. The team was found around two kilometers 1. The team was found alive by British divers. The search brought rescue teams from all over the world. A Thai military medic provides first aid to one of the boys. Kunan died Friday as he returned from an operation to deliver oxygen tanks to the cave.

Thai police take a break for breakfast as rescue operations continue on July 4. Water is pumped out of the cave on July 3. Workers fix the road leading to the cave on July 3. Divers prepare a light to be used for the underwater search on July 2. Rescue workers wait at the entrance to the cave on July 2. Some of the team's family members celebrate after receiving news that the team was alive.

Technicians lift water pumps to the drilling site on July 1. Soldiers and rescuers work outside the cave complex on July 1. Monks attend a Buddhist prayer for the team on July 1.

Scuba tanks are delivered to the search site on July 1. Rescue workers carry water-pumping equipment into the cave on July 1. A Thai Air Force worker drops near a possible cave opening on June British cave diver Robert Charles Harper explores an opening on June Relatives of the trapped team members pray on June Family members waited more than a week for news of their loved ones.

Thai soldiers bring hoses and additional water pumps as the search for the team continued on June Volunteer paramedics wait near the cave entrance on June A rescuer looks for a cave entrance on June Rescuers search the cave on June Thai soldiers relay cable at the search site on June Nopparat Kanthawong, the team's head coach, told CNN the wait for the boys and their assistant coach to be rescued has been agonizingly slow.

Kanthawong said he didn't know the players and coach were going into the cave. Kanthawong said he is eager to comfort his players now that they are safe. Earlier Tuesday, more details emerged about the ages and condition of the children already freed from the cave. All eight boys rescued on Sunday and Monday are being treated in an isolation ward in a Chiang Rai hospital.